How to create inspiring Mountain Bike Films - A Filmmaking Workshop
Do you want to learn the secrets of creating a mountain bike film that people will love to watch? We’ve got you covered! In this one week workshop you will learn all the techniques you need to make extraordinary videos with simple equipment.
Tom Malecha, the guy behind «Filme von Draussen», will teach you everything he knows about mountainbike filmmaking. From our basecamp, a high-class chalet close to Sion (Valais, Switzerland), we will venture out to capture beautiful footage while riding some of the Alps best singletrack, e.g. The Brazilian".
27. July - 03. August 2013 - 2100,00,- Euro
3 of 7 spots booked
- You will learn everything you must know to create an action driven, inspirational mountain bike film people will love to watch
- You will get the chance to ride some of the best singletracks in the Alps, accompanied by guides
- You will get hands-on practice and lots of advice on planning, shooting and editing
video in a simple and fun backpack filmmaking approach.
- You will have a great time in a first-class chalet with all meals and shuttle services included.
- Date: 27. July 2013 - 03. August 2013 near Sion (Valais / Switzerland)
What you will learn
- The Essential Kit: What Equipment do you really need and what is nice to have?
- The Secret of Great Movies: Developing Ideas & Stories
- The Rule of Threes: How to shoot a story
- What You Ought to Know About Exposure, Lenses and Focus
- Going Pro: Using Advanced Camera Gear like Microcopters, Sliders, Steadycams and Cranes
- How to Build and Set-up a Cablecam
- Into the Action: Get the Best out for your Gopro
- The Art of Timelapse Photography
- Making the right choices: The Basics of Video Editing
- Spicing up the Edit: Film Burns, Twitches and other Editing SFX
- Let your footage shine: An Introduction into Colour Correction
- How to Create Titles that Look Great
- Click here for Detailed Schedule
Important to know
- Minimum participants: 4; maximum participants: 7
- The workshop will be held in English
- We will teach the use of DSLR and helmet cameras, but feel free to bring any equipment you own.
- Editing will be taught in a way that it is not software specific, but examples will be shown using Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- The schedule and the lessons will be adapted according to weather conditions and interests of the participants.
- Accomodations will be by pairs in our spacious private double rooms.
- 7 nights in our luxurious chalet
- Hours of theoretical and practical training on filmmaking
- Transfer from and to Geneva airport
- Riding with our professional multi-lingual & international guides.
- All breakfasts, mid-day trail snacks, and 1 dinner in a typical Swiss restaurant and 6 dinners in the chalet
- Private & Public transportation throughout the week (buses, trains, gondolas, etc).
- An Inspired Mountain Bike Adventures t-shirt and other Inspired gifts.
About the Coach.
Tom Malecha has been working for more than 10 years as a creative in the media business and in advertising agencies. As a one-man production team, he is running «Filme von Draussen», an outdoor film production, specialized in mountain biking. His films gained about 1.5 million views and have been screened at International festivals like the Banff and Vancouver Mountain Film Festival.
Standard rate: 2100,00,- Euro